Should I send another letter of intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scrizzy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The school specifically stated that I can only send 1 LOI, which I already did. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to the school was because it was nearby my family and my grandmother health was deteriorating recently.

Today we found out that my mother has cancer, undiscovered for 1 year. I have an acceptance out of state, but with the recent news, I am even more scared of leaving my family.

I would like to update the school, but I don't want it to hurt my chances since I did not follow the rules.

Members don't see this ad.

You can always call the admissions anonymously and ask if there are situations in which a second LOI is allowed. I did that for a school and they said after the PTE deadline they welcome a second LOI. It will be school dependent ofc, but asking via phone call first is safer than sending it and hurting your chances!

Reactions: 1 user
The school specifically stated that I can only send 1 LOI, which I already did. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to the school was because it was nearby my family and my grandmother health was deteriorating recently.

Today we found out that my mother has cancer, undiscovered for 1 year. I have an acceptance out of state, but with the recent news, I am even more scared of leaving my family.

I would like to update the school, but I don't want it to hurt my chances since I did not follow the rules.
Very, very sorry to hear about this, but look:

The school specifically stated that I can only send 1 LOI,

Sending in another LOI will telegraph that you can't follow simple instructions, or have an attitude the the rules don't apply to you.

I recommend asking the school where you have the accept for a deferment. They're rare, but this is what they were meant for.

Reactions: 1 user