Should I send CC transcript to my 4yr university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeffosokisk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently in high school right now, but I'm going to be entering a 4 yr university this fall.

I took courses at my community college for fun over the past year, just the ones I was interested in. I didn't care much for the credit...until now. I was reading a thread where basically some person took too many cc courses, and brought down their freshmen GPA.

Now, my problem is this: The courses I took were ones I liked to take... Enviromental Science (3 units), Biology (4 units), Child developmental Psychology (3 units), and Microbiology (4 units). All the courses I took except microbiology I have A's. The one I'm currently taking, microbiology is a bit hard right now, and I don't think I can pull off an A, since I have like a 85 in that class. If I choose to send in my CC transcript to my 4 yr university, would that B in microbiology haunt me for the next 4 years? I can still choose not to send the CC transcript, so I can still be "off the hook".

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm currently in high school right now, but I'm going to be entering a 4 yr university this fall.

I took courses at my community college for fun over the past year, just the ones I was interested in. I didn't care much for the credit...until now. I was reading a thread where basically some person took too many cc courses, and brought down their freshmen GPA.

Now, my problem is this: The courses I took were ones I liked to take... Enviromental Science (3 units), Biology (4 units), Child developmental Psychology (3 units), and Microbiology (4 units). All the courses I took except microbiology I have A's. The one I'm currently taking, microbiology is a bit hard right now, and I don't think I can pull off an A, since I have like a 85 in that class. If I choose to send in my CC transcript to my 4 yr university, would that B in microbiology haunt me for the next 4 years? I can still choose not to send the CC transcript, so I can still be "off the hook".

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!!

lolol

I would be greatly surprised if your undergrad institution does not require you to send transcripts from all college-level courses taken.

If it does and you do not and they find out, you will not attend that college anymore. That's generally put under the category of "really, really, really, really bad things to do in college".

Also, you will have to send transcripts from that CC to AMCAS. Not doing so is also one of the "really, really, really, really bad things".

You can't be off the hook. Also, don't worry about a stray B here or there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Send it. The "B" isn't going to haunt you. You'll be sending that transcript to AMCAS when you apply, too.

Generally, uni's calculate your GPA based only on the courses that you take directly from them. It won't change what you earn there.

And a "B" is NOT anything to worry about, in any case.

That B wont do anything for your 4 year university GPA..BUt it will be calculated into your AMCAS gpa.

That B wont do anything for your 4 year university GPA..BUt it will be calculated into your AMCAS gpa.

Yea, as ChubbyChaser said..

Maybe you can be the next Bond and change it to an A in the system, lol! Jk. :D