should i send in this grade? thnx 4 the help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happygirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i posted this somewhere else, but got no replies...so, im gonna try again =)

i had to retake Gen. Chem last summer because, due to some personal reasons, I did poorly the first time I took it (like 3 years ago). When I retook it, I got a B+, which might look bad because I've taken higher level sciences classes before this repeat class (i took a few classes out of order...long story) and have done better in those. I'm writing a letter of intent to a school I interviewed at and am including my Fall semester grades and new GPA, and I dont know if i should include this summer Gen. Chem. grade cuz its not that great for a retaken class, u know?

the school knows that i retook it in the summer and they know about the personal issue that caused the poor grade in the first place. but i feel that i should just let them know that I completed it since it is a requirement.

any suggestions? thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

happygirl said:
i posted this somewhere else, but got no replies...so, im gonna try again =)

i had to retake Gen. Chem last summer because, due to some personal reasons, I did poorly the first time I took it (like 3 years ago). When I retook it, I got a B+, which might look bad because I've taken higher level sciences classes before this repeat class (i took a few classes out of order...long story) and have done better in those. I'm writing a letter of intent to a school I interviewed at and am including my Fall semester grades and new GPA, and I dont know if i should include this summer Gen. Chem. grade cuz its not that great for a retaken class, u know?

the school knows that i retook it in the summer and they know about the personal issue that caused the poor grade in the first place. but i feel that i should just let them know that I completed it since it is a requirement.

any suggestions? thanks guys!

um, yeah. Include it. It's important to not leave anything out. Because you're writing an update letter, to exclude it may lead people to think that you are hiding something.

There was one guy last year who got kicked out of his medical school after classes had started because he had misled adcom on his application.

It's not going to hurt you to tell them about it. If anything, it may help.

yeah, go ahead and submit it.... it looks better than whatever you got the 1st time

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, definitely include it. Any time you make it look like you've hidden something, they will doubt the quality of your application.

And B+ is not that bad - certainly not enough to get in trouble over.

I swear!! who said a B+ was bad.