Should I send more secondaries or nah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Henry101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll!
I thought this was the "What are my chances" page was the most appropriate place for this post.

I submitted 12 secondaries in mid August to schools I knew I was a good fit (in terms of mission/location) and where students with my stats had a good chance at acceptance.
However, this past week, I'm beginning to feel uneasy about my choice of applying to few schools (due to the financial burden). I realized that 3 of the schools I applied to receive well over 10,000 applications.
I haven't heard back from any of my schools yet and I'm thinking that it might be smart to send in more secondaries. It usually takes me about a full day to complete an average secondary.

I have a few more secondaries in my inbox that I could fill out and submit. I'll ask my parents for more money I guess. But, is it to send a few more secondaries in at this point? Is it too late?

I'm still waiting for AACOMAS to verify my DO app (I don't know why but it's taking them awhile) so the above mentioned dilemma is for my MD schools.

Just for your reference, here are my general stats:
cGPA: 3.72 sGPA: 3.54
MCATS: 25 first try, 507 second try (~30, 10/10/10)
from San Diego
21 years old.

thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, send in all those other secondaries and the DO ones when possible. Your MCAT is on the low side for MD schools but you could receive some interviews depending on where you applied.

There close to 25 lower tier schools give or take that take a solid number of OOS applicants and are considered reasonable to borderline candidates. Apply to as many of them as you can and your state programs. A good 8 or so DO schools would also be a wise decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where have you submitted secondaries? Did you realistically select schools?
Creighton, SLU, NYMC, Rosalind, TJU, PennState, GWU, WestMichigan etc.
12 schools of that^ caliber.

Would it be too late (mid September) to send in more? Should I send in more?
ahhh I hate this process!!!

Last edited: