Should i send them grade update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctormo24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for a summer program at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (Minority Students Health Careers Motivation Program) and the decisions come out next week. I was wondering i just received my grades for the the Spring Semester.
Organic I A-
Stats B+
Anatomy B+
Research P
Genetics INC

I didnt do well the semester before that. I took Organic but had to drop got a C in Trig, C in Human Physio and C in the lab.

Should I go ahead and send in a grade update....and how do i go about doing that....decisions come out next week and sending them a transcript would take more than that....should i just email the director my grades or should i not do anything?

Members don't see this ad.

sure you have improved better than not!

If you are wondering about sending in a grade update after you have been interviewed...forget it. They already think you are good enough (academically) for their program.

Before interviews, it could help tremendously if you have markedly improved grades, ECs.

If there are no interviews per se, and if they are at the point of mailing out decisions, grade updates could have little or no effect. Basically, you are looking for your grades to reverse their decisions. Won't happen, especially with the 'INC' in Genetics.

Members don't see this ad :)
there are no interviews for this summer program

i want to send them in because last semester i had to drop organic chem and this semester i got an A-....so i figured that was a real indicator of me doing well and picking things up again

Yeah if they've already sent out decisions, then it doesn't matter.
Those Cs and incs will affect your chances for med school though.

Yeah if they've already sent out decisions, then it doesn't matter.
Those Cs and incs will affect your chances for med school though.

yea i know about the C's and im trying to improve. The incomplete is only there for now but once i make up the class it gets replaced by the grade i get