Medical Should I send update letters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering whether now would be a good time to update my schools - the ones I interviewed at and the ones I haven't received IIs from. I know that a couple of my interviewed schools may be releasing decisions in the next couple weeks, so I'd like to send in a letter with some recent updates in my life and to show continued interest.

I'm wondering what's substantial enough for an update - I have taken on a significant new project at my job and have a manuscript in review (not accepted yet though), and although these have been meaningful events for me, I don't want to waste anyone's time sending in a letter detailing updates that might not be considered major.

Thank you so much!
Not worth the update. If your manuscript gets accepted, then maybe.

Members don't see this ad.

If this is ur first manuscript and you are first author and your initial application does not say anything about this project then I would update them.

I agree. If you are first author and you have no other research then sure. It won’t hurt, but not sure it’s gonna bump you to top of list.

More or less agree with above. If "in review" also includes that you have received reviewer comments back and have been invited to re-submit, I would also consider that worthy of an update. At that stage you stand a pretty good shot of acceptance.

If you just submitted yesterday and are waiting to hear back, then really not worth an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.