Should I start now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Sol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on finishing my Pre-Med reqs Fall 2006 (Phys 202) and plan on taking the MCAT April 2007. My question is whether or not I should start prepping now for the MCAT. I have already ordered the Examkrackers Complete 5th Edition books, but they don't have it in stock on amazon.com so they haven't gotten here yet.

Another quick question is whether I should cancel my 5th edition order and wait for the EK 6th edition of the books which are expected to come out after X-mas. What do you think?

~El Sol

Members don't see this ad.

April 2007? Woah, this is WAY too early for that. I say go ahead and cancel your order. Even if you wait for the EK 6th edition, you still have a year and a half to study!

El Sol said:
I plan on finishing my Pre-Med reqs Fall 2006 (Phys 202) and plan on taking the MCAT April 2007. My question is whether or not I should start prepping now for the MCAT. I have already ordered the Examkrackers Complete 5th Edition books, but they don't have it in stock on amazon.com so they haven't gotten here yet.

Another quick question is whether I should cancel my 5th edition order and wait for the EK 6th edition of the books which are expected to come out after X-mas. What do you think?

~El Sol

Hi,
Email me at [email protected] for some AMAZING study aids!

Don't forget the MCAT's will also be computerized starting in 2007. 2006 will be the last pencil/paper exam, at least that is what I saw posted on the AAMC website this past weekend.

The computerization shouldn't change things too much though, just something to keep in mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
April 2007 and you want to start study now? You freakin' nerd! Study like 2-3 weeks before the exam, cramming a bunch of MCAT practice exams. That's what I did. But wait 'til Friday and I'll tell you if it works or not...

In any event, you should be drinking beer, watching baseball games and partying, not stressing about a silly test!

And watch out for hshaish, he might end up sending you home-made XXX!

El Sol said:

~El Sol

Its never too early to start studying. In fact, studying early will prevent you from having to cram in the future and possibly miss subtle details. I doubt theres gonna be much diff between EK 5th & 6th editions. Use the 5th edition stuff.

El Sol said:

~El Sol

Dude you haven't started yet? Holy crap you're screwed, my brother is 8 and he started last week. If you cure both cancer and AIDS you might get off a Caribbean school's waitlist.

Seriously though, it is probably a tad early for the science stuff. If you want to get ahead, I suggest reading a lot to get a jump on verbal, which takes a lot of time to improve. Scientific American, the Economist, and classic literature that makes you think should help you a lot. As for science, I can't remember the stuff I read on hormones and the nervous system last week, so unless you have a better memory it probably isn't worth it.

Oh yeah, and while it probably doesn't matter, it might be worth waiting for the newer books to come out.

:laugh:
SearsTower said:
April 2007 and you want to start study now? You freakin' nerd! Study like 2-3 weeks before the exam, cramming a bunch of MCAT practice exams. That's what I did. But wait 'til Friday and I'll tell you if it works or not...

In any event, you should be drinking beer, watching baseball games and partying, not stressing about a silly test!

And watch out for hshaish, he might end up sending you home-made XXX!