Should I stay the course, or go to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
quite the opposite with pre-meds. They think that they are called on by some sort of divinity to become doctors. Dentists, as I have found, are much more down to earth.

Down to earth, I am not.

Members don't see this ad.

It always is a laugh when you have a bunch of Premeds/pre dents try to create a dichotomy between the two or when they spread untrue dogma such as "you'll work like a dog as a physician and have a much better life style as a dentist."

In reality there's really not much difference between Premeds/predents or med students/dental students except the material you learn/tests you take. You can choose to work as much as you want as a physician as well. One of my anesthesia colleagues works 6am-3pm or gets out earlier of cases are done and is call like q14days for 350k. Another family medicine friend gets every Friday off and only takes "phone call" twice a month. The point is there are a lot of options for both fields.

Finally, I'll just me and the oral surgeons I work with usually end up reading the naive posts on the subjects above and laughing. They even wanted me to start an "dental school is easier than Med school topic" but I told them not to turn my account into a troll account.

Point of all my babbling? You gotta do more research to see what you love and realize there's great opportunity in both fields.

Reactions: 1 user
All my friends and family have been switching to dent or PA from med. if you're hearts not totally in it, and you have ANY doubts, then i'd switch. you can make a big difference in people's lives with dent. you have to be a little irrational and a little insane to go into med nowadays.