Should I still go to these interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you fund yourself going to all these interviews? I'm already bankrupt from primary and secondary fees. And I still have to pay for travel and hotel, etc. I'm worried.
With a decent job...yet it still hurts my bank account a lot lot lot. But I think it will worth it at the end. Gotta pick the right school where I will spend the next 4 years of my life =_* and that is why I withdrew from some schools.

Members don't see this ad.

How do you fund yourself going to all these interviews? I'm already bankrupt from primary and secondary fees. And I still have to pay for travel and hotel, etc. I'm worried.

I lucked into getting a research grant with salary. I have used about half of it for this so far.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
But....that's fraud.

It sure is....You can go to prison for this and have your acceptance revoked.

If it was a stipend for your salary then sure.

Yeah, obviously. The actual money that went to supplies (mostly antibodies) was given directly to the lab. I got a small salary out of it. Paid some insane taxes on it too. Details: http://www.unr.edu/inbre/programs-and-projects/student-and-training-programs/undergraduate-program

Last edited:
I was accepted to MSU and cancelled my remaining five interviews because it was my first choice. What is your state of residence?

MSUCOM is pretty amazing but really expensive if you are out of state! They do have the most research funding of the DO schools and a lot of established rotations. Michigan itself is extremely DO friendly as well.

Hi! Congratulations on your acceptance to MSUCOM? If you don't mind me asking, what day did you interview?

I was accepted to MSU and cancelled my remaining five interviews because it was my first choice. What is your state of residence?

MSUCOM is pretty amazing but really expensive if you are out of state! They do have the most research funding of the DO schools and a lot of established rotations. Michigan itself is extremely DO friendly as well.

I have heard DMU is pretty solid as well so I really don't think you could go wrong. If I were you I would only go on the interviews you could potentially see yourself attending over DMU.

Hi! Congratulations on your acceptance to MSUCOM? If you don't mind me asking, what day did you interview?

One more question!! After your interview, did you mail or email a thank you? I'm pretty puzzled on if I should email or mail a letter.
I didn't mail or email a thank you at any of my interviews, including MSU. They aren't really necessary especially for a MMI. Adcoms say they are disregarded for the most part and don't help your chances so only send them if you actually want to.

I didn't mail or email a thank you at any of my interviews, including MSU. They aren't really necessary especially for a MMI. Adcoms say they are disregarded for the most part and don't help your chances so only send them if you actually want to.

That's what I was thinking! Did you hear back soon after your interview? I know admissions told us it can take from 5 days up to a month.

That's what I was thinking! Did you hear back soon after your interview? I know admissions told us it can take from 5 days up to a month.
Less than a week for me and a couple others. About 2 weeks for the majority of the group.

You should know what is your top choice, 2nd choice, and 3rd choice already deep within yourself. Let's not fool yourself.