Should I still send these schools secondaries or not waste my time and money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DReamer24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've applied to Midwestern AZCOM, Midwestern CCOM, and Western COMP Pomono, a couple weeks ago and was sent secondaries from these schools. (I've also applied to a bunch of other DO schools that are near my stats).

My stats are 3.5 GPA, 500 MCAT, hundreds of clinical hours, and other ECs that are community service heavy.

I know I might have already wasted money applying to these 3 schools but I unfortunately did not realize their average MCAT accepted scores were so high (Western COMP was 510, AZCOM 508, CCOM 508-ish).

So would it make sense to complete these secondaries and give myself a 1% chance of getting accepted or should I not bother to waste more time and money?

Members don't see this ad.

I only bothered applying to AZCOM out of those. I've heard AZCOM and CCOM (Midwestern) are both very expensive, but AZCOM has lower cost of living.

Skip the secondaries for those 3 schools and concentrate on DO schools where you are competitive.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So I've applied to Midwestern AZCOM, Midwestern CCOM, and Western COMP Pomono, a couple weeks ago and was sent secondaries from these schools. (I've also applied to a bunch of other DO schools that are near my stats).

My stats are 3.5 GPA, 500 MCAT, hundreds of clinical hours, and other ECs that are community service heavy.

I know I might have already wasted money applying to these 3 schools but I unfortunately did not realize their average MCAT accepted scores were so high (Western COMP was 510, AZCOM 508, CCOM 508-ish).

So would it make sense to complete these secondaries and give myself a 1% chance of getting accepted or should I not bother to waste more time and money?
They're trying to tax you.