Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

should i study alkene?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by moiz, Apr 14, 2007.

1. moiz

moiz Shayrrrnii 2+ Year Member

Dec 1, 2006
    DSM
    Hello all

I am taking the MCAT pretty soon and was wondering if I should study alkenes at all since they will no longer be tested on the MCAT (at least that is what I heard).
    So, should I sit down and start memorizing all the alkene reactions or no?
    Thnx

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. djones473

djones473 2+ Year Member

Apr 14, 2007
    MDApps:
    Personally, I dont think its necessary to memorize most organic reactions, because they are usually given on the MCAT. As long as you understand them, that should be enough. Its probably good to know the physical properties of alkenes because questions about solubility, boiling point, stability, etc. are not uncommon.

4. Porco Rosso

Porco Rosso 2+ Year Member

Apr 14, 2007
    TX Longhorns
    true that, just check the official topic list for the mcat. according to EK, alkenes stuff in not required but if you have time, it would be nice to go over and UNDERSTAND the material...

5. msa786

msa786 5+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    its not worth it