Should I submit changes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kutastha

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
All right, I'm a bit apprehensive about this. The phone number I submitted to AMCAS back in June is no longer in service. On the AMCAS website, it says to 'simply' change it, resubmit and recertify. Has anyone attempted this?

Andrew

Members don't see this ad.

I did make a few changes to my application and recertified and resubmitted without problem. That is, my submit date stayed the same. However, I have seen a few posts (sorry, don't remember the threads) from people who made changes and had their submit date change. Make sure you read all the AMCAS stuff about changes very carefully if you decide to do it. Have you been verified? Where you are, or think you are, in the verification process might be an important consideration.

I've already been verified. With the way AMCAS is going, I'm a bit nervous to modify anything. Who knows where it will end up. They already rearranged my classes when they verified, and I'm certainly not going to ask them to change that.

Andrew

Members don't see this ad :)
NOOOOOOO!, thats one mistake i've made, well, really not mistake, but something maybe i should have not done. I had my AMCAS verified a long time ago, when the earliest people on the board were saying they got theres done. Well, i decided to add a school, CASE western reserve. it still is not verified!, i'm just glad some of my schools have recieved parts of my appl. and have begun to process my application. but i would say no, because i dont' even think they use that phone number.

Another option might be to just e-mail all your schools with the new phone number. The more I think about it, the more I think that's the answer.

Heh...

If I were you, I wouldn't change ANYTHING on your application right now. You know the stupidity of AMCAS, your application will probably fall behind...

Besides, what use is it to update your phone #. The schools can't even access the rest of your application...heh

Also, it appears that the primary mode of communication (for most schools) has been email. And, they can always mail you.