Should I submit my primary app now or wait until my MCAT score releases?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiteralLungs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My score release is on the 21st. My primary is ready to submit. I could submit to a throwaway school now to get the verification process started, or I could wait 6 more days for my mcat score and submit to my full list. The only benefit I see in submitting now is that if my score is bad, I wouldn't submit. If I submitted now and then my score came back bad, I would be considered a reapplicant next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

My score release is on the 21st. My primary is ready to submit. I could submit to a throwaway school now to get the verification process started, or I could wait 6 more days for my mcat score and submit to my full list. The only benefit I see in submitting now is that if my score is bad, I wouldn't submit. If I submitted now and then my score came back bad, I would be considered a reapplicant next cycle.
You would only be considered a reapplicant to the one school you applied to. Sometimes other schools, in their secondaries, ask if you have applied in previous cycles to any other school and how you improved your application.

Reactions: 1 user