Should I submit secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THaramura

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I know it's pretty late in the application.
I haven't submitted my secondaries due to a serious sickness in September.
I am international(F1). My undergrad was at an ivy. GPA was 3.7. MCAT 513.
My stats were like pretty average and nothing stellar, I do have some hundreds hours of international medical volunteering in underserved areas. I have a published paper in a high IF journal and a in-press first-author publication.

I know being international harms my possibilities a lot.
I wonder if it is too late to apply to MD schools. So should I not submit my secondaries. I already submitted primaries but I didn't know I was going to get sick.
I need you guys' advice on this.
I am taking a gap year on OPT, so I technically cannot apply next round due to this visa problem.

I applied to several DO schools as well. Hopefully they will have some love with me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are perfect for the ~14 DO schools that accept internationals, especially MSUCOM and UNECOM. And yes, the DO cycle is longer, so get those apps in.

Alas, my school only takes green card holders, or citizens.

Does MSUCOM has a big in-state bias or not? I do not have deep ties to Michigan.
Thank you for your info! I met a UNECOM admission person yesterday and she encouraged me to apply as well.