Should I submit secondary without a key letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiouspremedude

Reaction score
I am a reapplicant and have been verified since 7/9. I have received about 20 secondaries and can submit about 10 right now. I requested four letters of recommendation through AMCAS and have received three. However, the fourth one is the most important, as it is from the program director of the SMP program I just completed and it outlines my performance when compared to the medical students. My question is, should I submit secondaries even though this letter has not been received yet? Will schools be able to see the letter if I complete the secondary and then the letter comes in after? I just don't want my application to be completed/reviewed by a school without that letter, but I also don't want to wait much longer to submit secondaries to schools high up on my list.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Once you submit your secondary, the school will be able to see your application, review it, and make a decision. If you really believe this SMP LOR will make or break your application, I would wait.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user