Should I take 2014 or 2015 MCAT for DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ErikaSawajiri

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am having quite a dilemma and would greatly appreciate any advice :)

I took the MCAT in 2013 and scored an embarrassing 24. I'm definitely planning on applying for DO schools after 1 or 2 years of graduating (in 2015), so I'm wondering if I should retake it this early August or in 2015.

If I happen to take it both this August and sometime in 2015 or 2016, will the DO schools look at both the marks or just the mark for the new MCAT?

Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

You can retake in January 2015 and still have the old MCAT. Because you have an old MCAT score, I think seeing improvement over the same scale would be easier to judge than with a new test. Just my 2 cents.

Hello all! I am having quite a dilemma and would greatly appreciate any advice :)

I took the MCAT in 2013 and scored an embarrassing 24. I'm definitely planning on applying for DO schools after 1 or 2 years of graduating (in 2015), so I'm wondering if I should retake it this early August or in 2015.

If I happen to take it both this August and sometime in 2015 or 2016, will the DO schools look at both the marks or just the mark for the new MCAT?

Thanks a bunch!

Retake whenever you feel ready. IMO I'd rather do the present one because there are many practice tests to use while there are probably only one or two for the 2015 MCAT.

Good luck!