Veterinary Should I take 3.5 or satisfactory grade during COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
VM2 student
Due to COVID, we are able to select a satisfactory grade or keep our number grade. I received mostly 4.0s but in a class called Vet Finance and Practice Management I received a 3.5. This class is only worth one credit and it drops my gpa for the semester to 3.9210.
So I can switch just this class to satisfactory to protect my gpa, raising it to 3.944 (another 3.5 is not a class that I can select this option)
Is there a reason not to take the satisfactory in this class? My school is only discussing this option as gpa protection and has not explained any reasons not to do this, even after I asked what cons there are. I realize we are discussing a tiny gpa difference so i am just trying to figure out if there is a reason i shouldn't do it.
Yes we are talking about a very tiny difference. I guess I need to know what the damage is if you went from a 3.94 to a 3.92 for vet school. Is there a huge prize for being top of the class that I'm missing?

Members don't see this ad.

No I don't think so. I'm not even top of my class, maybe top 10. Is it worse to have one satisfactory on my transcript?
Are you thinking about residency after vet school? What does your faculty advisor say? I'm just trying to understand what you lose if you drop to a 3.92 at this juncture.
I am undecided on residency. I have requested to speak with an advisor and haven't yet heard back about scheduling an appointment.

By the way, thank you for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.