Should I take a free practice DAT through Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kef318

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the real DAT this summer (finishing finals, studying for 6-8 weeks, then taking it).

I have an opportunity to take a free test through Kaplan.

Should I? I haven't studied at all and would be taking it cold.

How similar is it to the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely take it. Take as many practice tests as you can. Even now when you haven't studied it's good just to see how the test is.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely. Even if you haven't studied yet it'll give you an idea of what you need to work on. I thought the full length Kaplan test was good to practice the timing of the full test as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't hurt to take it. Go for it!

That vibe you get when you take your first DAT practice exam

Reactions: 1 users
You'll probably hate yourself while you're taking the practice test (4 hours you could've been sleeping), but it gives you a good idea of where you are and what you need to work on as well as what types of questions you should expect/study for. Definitely worth the time.

I'd assume it's similar to the real thing just because it's Kaplan, but I haven't taken theirs so idk.

I took their practice tests and they are a pretty good representation of the difficulty to expect on the DAT except for the PAT which is too easy!

Go for it! I took the free online practice test 5 days ago w/o knowing what certain sections of the PAT wanted me to do (TFE)...maybe it'll scare the bajeezus out of you and help you start studying, too!