Should I take all the pre-reqs or can I move on to upper lvl bio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jin352

Reaction score
Completed my undergrad in Management in 2008 along with 2 semesters of Gen Chem, 2 semester of Physics, and 1 semester of Bio. But, NO labs for any of these.
In addition to these, I understand that I should complete Orgo 1 & 2 with lab, Biochem, and some upper level bio.

In the past year I have taken
Gen Chem 1 w/lab
Orgo 1 w/lab
Gen Bio w/lab
Physics 1 w/lab

Do I need to take Gen Chem 2 w/lab and Physics 2 w/lab because I have not previously taken them with lab? I am wondering if it would be more worthwhile for me skip these courses and use that time/money towards other things, e.g. upper level bio classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Completed my undergrad in Management in 2008 along with 2 semesters of Gen Chem, 2 semester of Physics, and 1 semester of Bio. But, NO labs for any of these.
In addition to these, I understand that I should complete Orgo 1 & 2 with lab, Biochem, and some upper level bio.

In the past year I have taken
Gen Chem 1 w/lab
Orgo 1 w/lab
Gen Bio w/lab
Physics 1 w/lab

Do I need to take Gen Chem 2 w/lab and Physics 2 w/lab because I have not previously taken them with lab? I am wondering if it would be more worthwhile for me skip these courses and use that time/money towards other things, e.g. upper level bio classes.
wait, how did they let you take orgo 1 with gen chem 2? usually it is a sequence? hmmmmm

NOrmally schools require 1 full year of gen chem (1+2), full year of general biology, full year of physics, at least org 1 with lab. Some schools allow substitution of org 2 with biochemistry, some require both.

Best idea - look up at the requirements of the schools that are your top choices, and go from that.