WannabePharm88

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Well, I got a D in Organic I, so I have to re-take it next semester.

But, I'll be transferring to UC Davis or San Diego next fall.

There is no way to take Organic II in my college (JC).

Should I take both Organic Chem in UC or take partial in JC and the other in UC?

parishilton2

10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
i think u should check if it transfers over properly, if o-chemI one does transfer over properly and meets the pre-req for o-chem II then take it at JC if not, then i think u should take both Organic Chems in UC

diastole

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist
Are UCD and UCSD on the quarter system? If you are on the semester system now, I would just wait to take them at whatever school you happen to be in next fall. I wouldn't want to mix semester and quarter classes.

About the Ads

WannabePharm88

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Are UCD and UCSD on the quarter system? If you are on the semester system now, I would just wait to take them at whatever school you happen to be in next fall. I wouldn't want to mix semester and quarter classes.
I don't know if they will let me.
I probably shouldn't ask this question in this forum; I should have asked the counselor.

But, do you htink they will let me do that because they want me to transfer with all passing courses?

diastole

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist
I don't know if they will let me.
I probably shouldn't ask this question in this forum; I should have asked the counselor.

But, do you htink they will let me do that because they want me to transfer with all passing courses?
I have no idea but if you need to pass that class before you transfer then I guess you will have to retake it. Then I would bet that you will need to take the last two quarters of organic at the UC. You would be repeating some material again.

Another thing you could do is try to take that last semester at another CC that offers it over the summer and skip it at a UC entirely.

WannabePharm88

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I would take it at a JC/CC IF YOU CAN. Also try to take ochem 1 and 2 one after the other, with the same professor at the same institution. I've found that professors and institutions very in teaching styles, and O-chem is one of those subjects where you may find it easier to grasp with a professor you are comfortable with.

Most people I knew in undergrad, went to UCI (quarter) during the daytime, and moonlighted at IVC (JC/CC=semester) for night classes. It was perfectly acceptable.

You need to doable check the transferability of those O-chem classes though if you decide to take it at a JC. When you apply to pharmacy school, they probably won't care where you took it, but there may be a requirement that you take it at UCSD in order for you to fullfil your bachelor's requirement. I'm not completely sure so check with your department.
I will major in Chemistry, so I NEED to take it even though I am not going to Pharm school. :)

About the Ads