Should I take Kaplan or Princeton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaCrust

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read from many that Kaplan was the best to take for the MCAT's. But I also read that Princeton was better. There are many opinions about both and now I'm confused as to which review to take. If any of you have taken either of these reviews, please let me know which one is the best. I also need to know when I can start to apply for the review and if financial aid was offered. Thanks in advance for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I have taken neither course, but I purchased a Kaplan study guide and a Princeton Review book of sample tests.

The Princeton Review seemed to oversimplify the MCAT, implying that there were tricks one could use to get a higher score. Their sample tests, in the book anyway, were not as difficult as the actual MCAT.

The material covered in the Kaplan guide accurately reflected the material covered by the actual MCAT. The sample questions at the end of each review section more closely reflected the difficulty of the questions on the actual MCAT.

I found the Kaplan guide much more useful.

James