should i take organic chemistry 3 or inorganic chemistry for major elective?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shinsso

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chemistry major in my school requires 3 credits for elective course.
i do not know what should i take.

1. Organic chemistry 3
2. inorganic chemistry
3. Introduction to Nanotechnology
4. Bioinformatics
5. Biomolecular structure & Function

- I really do not want to take hard course..

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless of what you take, any of those will be hard.

On the same hand, I don't think any one of those would like "better" to dental schools. They're all equally good.

Ask your peers. Which professor is the best? Where do you have the greatest chance of making an A (even though they'll all be hard)? Just asking around is often one of the best things you can do.

It's a personal preference thing. I, personally, opted out of organic 3 :scared: (my school calls it "Advanced Organic") for inorganic in the fall. I don't think D schools care even the slightest.

It's a personal preference thing. I, personally, opted out of organic 3 :scared: (my school calls it "Advanced Organic") for inorganic in the fall. I don't think D schools care even the slightest.

Totally agree--dental schools aren't going to care about which of these upper-level chems you're taking. They'll just care that you are taking one. :)

I would truly suggest signing up for the one that you think you will have the most success in. While Daneosaurus knew he would do better in an advanced inorganic class, I know I would have done better in an advanced organic class. Also, make sure you get some feedback on the professors, too.