should I take physic II or microbio this term?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This post is kinda related to my last thread, but i hope I will get more advices here. I am attending a Canadian school, and planning to write DAT next year. So I am not in a hurry to take Microbiology.

So far, I have these courses for this semester..

biochem
organic II
genernal chem II
food science

as you guys can see, i have 3 dental pre-req courses atm. if i take physic II, I will have 4 pre-req's. Is it too much to take 4 pre-req courses in one semester?

Does the adcom look heavily on pre-req course? I already got C+ in organic I and C+ in english lit.

thank you guys so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Smooth Operater said:
This post is kinda related to my last thread, but i hope I will get more advices here. I am attending a Canadian school, and planning to write DAT next year. So I am not in a hurry to take Microbiology.

So far, I have these courses for this semester..

biochem
organic II
genernal chem II
food science

as you guys can see, i have 3 dental pre-req courses atm. if i take physic II, I will have 4 pre-req's. Is it too much to take 4 pre-req courses in one semester?

Does the adcom look heavily on pre-req course? I already got C+ in organic I and C+ in english lit.

thank you guys so much!!!

I would just take an easy elective so you can focus on doing your best on the pre-req's you are currently taking and lower some of the stress :thumbup:

Agreed...ace your classes and boost that GPA, thats a tough courseload for you right there.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, i have to complete both microbiology and physic 102 before i graduate for my major. I just have to take one one of them this term, else i will overload myself next term.

Smooth Operater said:
well, i have to complete both microbiology and physic 102 before i graduate for my major. I just have to take one one of them this term, else i will overload myself next term.

I'm surprised they let you take O-chem II before completing gen-chem.

When are you scheduled to graduate?

actually it's not general chem, it's PHYSICAL CHEM. My bad :( IT's required for my Biochemistry major.

Smooth Operater said:
actually it's not general chem, it's PHYSICAL CHEM. My bad :( IT's required for my Biochemistry major.

I cant wait to take that next year! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

i am a physic type of person, so I think that i should do pretty well in it. But i heard the course goes by really fast in my school and it's really time consuming b/c of the lab. Other than that, the course material is pretty easy compare to Microbio.

the physic that I have to take consisit of Introduction to optics, electricity and magnetism, electric circuits, radioactivity, including biological applications. Does physic II consisite these materials for you American students?

Smooth Operater said:
the physic that I have to take consisit of Introduction to optics, electricity and magnetism, electric circuits, radioactivity, including biological applications. Does physic II consisite these materials for you American students?

Yup. Electricity, circuits , magnetism, and optics are the focus of physics II.