optovision

Sep 1, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone! I'm planning to take my MCAT around January 2021, so this fall I have room in my schedule to take either human physiology or endocrinology and need help deciding which one. Which class would be more helpful for the MCAT?
Thank you!

allaboutdatpizza

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone! I'm planning to take my MCAT around January 2021, so this fall I have room in my schedule to take either human physiology or endocrinology and need help deciding which one. Which class would be more helpful for the MCAT?
Thank you!

I would take physiology tbh it will give you a broad overview of different organ systems rather than just focusing on one specialty in great detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catnip12

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I agree with taking physiology! It’ll prime your brain to be able to picture what the normal should be for the different systems. You only need a very general appreciation of Endo for the MCAT from my experience.

That said, endocrinology can be counterintuitive in some regards so familiarizing yourself with it wouldn’t be the worst idea either.

I’m not sure

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

JimKimSlim

Feb 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
In general, you should take one that you feel less confident about. Regardless, if I remember correctly, endocrinology and physiology concepts on the MCAT are both memorization-based, and most students in my school don’t even take them. If I were you, I would suggest taking cell biology to get used to interpreting pathways and analyzing downstream/upstream effects. Good luck!

DrJayFitz

Dec 17, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I only took endocrinology, and found that it was super helpful for my MCAT. It's hard to say which would be more beneficial as I didn't take physiology, but I think either would be helpful!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.