Should I take physiology or endocrinology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optovision

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm planning to take my MCAT around January 2021, so this fall I have room in my schedule to take either human physiology or endocrinology and need help deciding which one. Which class would be more helpful for the MCAT?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I'm planning to take my MCAT around January 2021, so this fall I have room in my schedule to take either human physiology or endocrinology and need help deciding which one. Which class would be more helpful for the MCAT?
Thank you!

I would take physiology tbh it will give you a broad overview of different organ systems rather than just focusing on one specialty in great detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with taking physiology! It’ll prime your brain to be able to picture what the normal should be for the different systems. You only need a very general appreciation of Endo for the MCAT from my experience.

That said, endocrinology can be counterintuitive in some regards so familiarizing yourself with it wouldn’t be the worst idea either.

I’m not sure

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In general, you should take one that you feel less confident about. Regardless, if I remember correctly, endocrinology and physiology concepts on the MCAT are both memorization-based, and most students in my school don’t even take them. If I were you, I would suggest taking cell biology to get used to interpreting pathways and analyzing downstream/upstream effects. Good luck!

I only took endocrinology, and found that it was super helpful for my MCAT. It's hard to say which would be more beneficial as I didn't take physiology, but I think either would be helpful!