Should I take the DAT in June 2021 if I'm applying in June 2022?- How long will my scores be valid to apply to schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jay__fluent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm considering taking my DAT in June 2021 but I won't be applying to schools until June 2022. I recently quit my job and was debating if I should just take the next 4 months to fulltime study for the DAT and then start looking for jobs after taking the DAT in June 2021. My only concern is that if I don't get in during my June 2021 application cycle, will my score still be valid for applications in the June 2022 cycle? Should I just plan on taking the DAT at a later date?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes your scores will be valid for 2 years. I recommend taking it earlier just so itʻs out of the way and you wonʻt have to worry about. Also if you donʻt do as well as youʻd hope, it gives you more time to prepare to take it again if necessary.

I agree you should take it early. Spend the full 4 months preparing for the exam, you want to give it your full attention and give it your best.

I agree you should take it early. Spend the full 4 months preparing for the exam, you want to give it your full attention and give it your best.
I understand taking it early, but should i take it in June or July? Since my score is only valid for 2 years will my score still work if I was forced to apply in June 2023?

I understand taking it early, but should i take it in June or July? Since my score is only valid for 2 years will my score still work if I was forced to apply in June 2023?
I would take it in July or August if you can then.

Reactions: 1 user