Medical Should I take the P/F Option for a Science Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently at crossroads and would appreciate any help that I can get.
Brief summary:
1.) Senior, ORM, no MCAT yet
2.) sgpa: 3.5
3.) Taking only one science course this semester and am about to get a B+ in this course.

I've talked to my professor and he's suggesting that my final project draft was excellent. He also said that I'm really close to the A. But the thing is, I have to get a 99 on my project to get the A. I also have a hard time trusting what the professor says because he always comes back with more rigorous feedbacks and gives me a lower grade (from what I've observed in my last two presentations).

He suggested that I don't take the P/F option because:
a.) Medical schools won't remember that this was due to Corona Virus years down the road if I have to reapply
b.) Since our uni is giving optional P/F, medical schools will just take my P as a C, which will tank my sgpa.

Given this, should I take the P option anyways?
I disagree. Medical schools will remember because a notation on the change of grading policy should be notated by your university registrar, no matter when you ultimately apply.

Also, read the rules for AMCAS and AACOMAS. A Pass will not contribute to your GPA calculations, but one cannot control admissions committee faculty perception that a P = C. If you get a B-plus, don't make it a Pass if you have the option.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.