Should I take the Prometric practice test the day before my test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD-iwish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So from reading some threads on the topic, it looks like people think it's a good idea to take the Prometric practice test. However, the only day available for it at my center is the day before my test. Originally, I wasn't planning to do anything heavy that day, just look over some stuff and then close my books by 5pm. I could still do the free 150 qs at home, and drive upto the center and take a look around. So if you had to decide betn: Not taking the test at Prometric VS Taking it the day before your test, what would you do? Basically, I'm worried abt freaking myself out right before the big day. However, I do see how taking the practice test could really cut down my anxiety. Any advice appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

So from reading some threads on the topic, it looks like people think it's a good idea to take the Prometric practice test. However, the only day available for it at my center is the day before my test. Originally, I wasn't planning to do anything heavy that day, just look over some stuff and then close my books by 5pm. I could still do the free 150 qs at home, and drive upto the center and take a look around. So if you had to decide betn: Not taking the test at Prometric VS Taking it the day before your test, what would you do? Basically, I'm worried abt freaking myself out right before the big day. However, I do see how taking the practice test could really cut down my anxiety. Any advice appreciated :)

you answered it yourself, "I could still do the free 150 qs at home, and drive upto the center and take a look around."

What if for some reason you bomb the practice test (whether just a fluke or otherwise)? What can you reasonably do about it in 24 hours? If you were able to take it a couple weeks out, you could at least make some study adjustments. I would think that the possibility of destroying your confidence with so little time left would far out-weigh the small boost you might get if you happen to do really well. I say unequivocally do not take a practice the day before.

Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll just do the qs at home for practice earlier in the week, and keep the last day worry-free :)

ya I got this on thursday and i'm thinking the same thing. may take as many "tests" by monday. After that no more assessments, just practice questions/review. I think i'd like to walk in confident.