Jul 28, 2015
Hi all so for my second bachelors I was told by my advisor that I have to take 1 course to satisfy a gen ed requirement as they wouldn't transfer one from my first degree. I was wondering if it would look bad to med schools if I just took this history course pass/fail as it is literally the only non-BCPM class I'm taking at this institution.

Thoughts?
@Goro
@gyngyn

Last edited:

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Hi all so for my second bachelors I was told by my advisor that I have to take 1 course to satisfy a gen ed requirement as they wouldn't transfer one from my first degree. I was wondering if it would look bad to med schools if I just took this history course pass/fail as it is literally the only non-BCPM class I'm taking at this institution.

Thoughts?
@Goro
@gyngyn
If you aren't entranced by the subject matter of this history class, isn't there a qualifying behavioral science class you might take that would be more useful to taking the MCAT? (Psychology, sociology, anthropology, eg)

OP
C
Jul 28, 2015
If you aren't entranced by the subject matter of this history class, isn't there a qualifying behavioral science class you might take that would be more useful to taking the MCAT? (Psychology, sociology, anthropology, eg)
Behavioral sciences don't count so I'm stuck with history or philosophy. I also already got a minor in psychology

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Behavioral sciences don't count so I'm stuck with history or philosophy. I also already got a minor in psychology
Anthro and sosh should count if it's any non science gen ed req? If not philosophy should help with dense CARS passages!

Reactions: Catalystik