Should I tell med schools I've been accepted to about other offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timbernight

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just logged into the portal of a medical school I've been accepted to. There is a section of the online portal that says "In this space, you may update the admissions committee with other offers you may have received." It isn't required.

Is there an advantage to be had if I tell a medical school I've been accepted to that I've been accepted elsewhere? Could it contribute to scholarship decisions, for instance?

Thanks,
timbernight

Members don't see this ad.

If I had to guess, they probably just ask because the multiple acceptance report wont be available to them this year. It wouldn't hurt to tell them, but it probably won't help either.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I just logged into the portal of a medical school I've been accepted to. There is a section of the online portal that says "In this space, you may update the admissions committee with other offers you may have received." It isn't required.

Is there an advantage to be had if I tell a medical school I've been accepted to that I've been accepted elsewhere? Could it contribute to scholarship decisions, for instance?

Thanks,
timbernight
I think its fair to answer. The loss of the multiple acceptance report has sent Admissions for MD into uncharted territory

I think its fair to answer. The loss of the multiple acceptance report has sent Admissions for MD into uncharted territory
From what some adcoms have said, following the AMCAS traffic rules is a bit optional and may be tested this year. On one hand, they may offer you something to 100% commit, like a scholarship. On the other hand they may at some point ask for a non-refundable deposit to hold your seat.

Reactions: 2 users
Dwight Schrute? Is that you?

(I really hope you've watched "The Office," otherwise this won't make a bit of sense haha)

Reactions: 1 user
Ain’t mandatory? I wouldn’t do it. It may or may not hurt you. Not answering doesn’t open that can of worms.