Should I tell them I'm taking august MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i'm new,

okay so I am gonna take august MCAT and I already have taken mcat once, it's valid, and the score is decent, but i hear some schools won't consider my app until they see the august score eventought my other score is good and my app is done.

so should i report on AMCAS that i'm taking august mcat. I realize you gotta be honest but if i tell the truth then my app won't be consider and it could potentially hurt me.
I hear it's up to individual school in terms of what they do.

what should i do, should i report/not report.

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If you do report, They table your app until they get your score so it is late in comparison to April MCATers but people still get in with August MCAT scores.

If you don't report, they will see your app and trash it if your original score isn't up to par.

Your decision.

BrettBatchelor said:
If you do report, They table your app until they get your score so it is late in comparison to April MCATers but people still get in with August MCAT scores.

If you don't report, they will see your app and trash it if your original score isn't up to par.

Your decision.

bump, my score was about even 30.