Should I tell them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymous121

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am applying to both MD and DO schools, and I will be meeting with the director of admissions (MD) soon. If she asks me where I have applied, would it be a good or bad idea to mention I am applying to DO schools and that I already have an interview at a DO school? Why?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I am applying to both MD and DO schools, and I will be meeting with the director of admissions soon. If she asks me where I have applied, would it be a good or bad idea to mention I already have an interview at a DO school? Why?
If she explicitly asks you if you've gotten an interview, feel free to answer honestly. Otherwise, I would keep it to myself to avoid coming off as bragging. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 2 users
If she explicitly asks you if you've gotten an interview, feel free to answer honestly. Otherwise, I would keep it to myself to avoid coming off as bragging. Just my thoughts.
Thank you!! Do you think I should also keep to myself that I’m applying to DO schools when I talk to the director for this MD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! Do you think I should also keep to myself that I’m applying to DO schools when I talk to the director for this MD program?
Are you applying EDP? If so, I would keep quite unless explicitly asked.

So I am applying to both MD and DO schools, and I will be meeting with the director of admissions (MD) soon. If she asks me where I have applied, would it be a good or bad idea to mention I am applying to DO schools and that I already have an interview at a DO school? Why?

This will serve no purpose other than to alienate you from their program.

You’re basically telling them that you already got in somewhere, which will more likely make them think “Well, this person already got in somewhere else, so we can open up a spot for another candidate in need“ rather than the effect I think you’re going for / what you’re hoping they’ll be thinking (i.e., “Oh no they got in somewhere they must be really awesome we have to accept OP now”).

Do NOT mention any other acceptances unless explicitly asked. Saying anything without prompting will look very unprofessional. If it is brought up, tell them you are fortunate to hold acceptances at another school but that you would choose their school over the aforementioned because X, Y, and Z.

Reactions: 1 user
This will serve no purpose other than to alienate you from their program.

You’re basically telling them that you already got in somewhere, which will more likely make them think “Well, this person already got in somewhere else, so we can open up a spot for another candidate in need“ rather than the effect I think you’re going for / what you’re hoping they’ll be thinking (i.e., “Oh no they got in somewhere they must be really awesome we have to accept OP now”).

Do NOT mention any other acceptances unless explicitly asked. Saying anything without prompting will look very unprofessional. If it is brought up, tell them you are fortunate to hold acceptances at another school but that you would choose their school over the aforementioned because X, Y, and Z.
OP has not said anything about a DO school acceptance, only an application and an Interview Invitation.

Reactions: 2 users

"I applied pretty broadly to both MD and DO schools that I felt I was competative at stat wise and I really felt like my experiences matched the mission and vision of" End sentence.

"I applied pretty broadly to both MD and DO schools that I felt I was competative at stat wise and I really felt like my experiences matched the mission and vision of" End sentence.
Thank you so much!!