Should I try and take another NS FL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

I'm testing on September 9th. I am working full time, but my boss gave me off last week, and he's letting me take next week off right before the exam. I also am kinda going in late this whole week, so I can study some in the mornings.
I was going to take a NS FL last week, but I ended up spending all week working on AAMC stuff (I was really slow).
I've gone through all of the AAMC material, except for part of the official guide, the official AAMC flashcard deck, and FL 2. And I'm also in the process of finishing up CARS q pack 2
I'm saving FL 2 for this weekend, and I'm finishing up the OG (hopefully I will get through it today/tomorrow).

So should I try and squeeze in another NS FL? Either 2,5, or 6.
I was going to take AAMC FL 2 this Friday and then review it extensively (it's been taking me like 3 or 4 days to review FLs)

Or should I prioritize something else? Stick with doing the AAMC FL 2, but review the SBs again maybe?

I also have TBR passages for every subject that I haven't used (their end of book exams)

For my CARS, I'm just trying to use the strategy posted by KoalaT, where you eliminate 2 obvious wrong answers, and then pick the answer that is least wrong out of the remaining 2.

Back in July/into early August, I took NS 1, 3, and 4. Also, EK 1
NS 1: Total 509, 127/126/128/128
NS 3: Total 507, 127/126/126/128
NS 4: Total 506, 127/124/127/128
EK 1: Total 63% 51/66/66/68

So I took 4 practice exams

I also took the AAMC sample and FL 1
Sample: 78/83/81/81

FL 1: Total 507, 130/123/128/126

Physics/Chem section bank (untimed)(not sure how people normally report this, because it gives you multiple percentages): Biology: 100%
Chem: 74%
Biochem: 65%
Physics: 54%

Bio section Bank (not sure how to report this):
Bio: 45%
Chem: 67%
Biochem: 69%

Psych Section Bank:
Bio: 50%
Psych: 71%
Sociology: 60%

Chem Q pack: 80%
Physics Q Pack: 79%
Bio 1 q pack: 80%
CARS 1 q pack: 68%

Members don't see this ad.

hey! i'm in the same boat as you with working and i'm taking the exam on the 2nd. honestly i feel at this point since your exam is coming up that it might be better to focus on the AAMC material because they're probably going to be more representative than 3rd party exams at this point. and definitely do AAMC FL2

Reactions: 1 user
hey! i'm in the same boat as you with working and i'm taking the exam on the 2nd. honestly i feel at this point since your exam is coming up that it might be better to focus on the AAMC material because they're probably going to be more representative than 3rd party exams at this point. and definitely do AAMC FL2

Thanks. I do feel like it could be good practice just for the sake of making sure my timing is down, but you're right about AAMC being the most representative. I just feel bad because I had initially planned on taking more, but that didn't happen. Perhaps I'll just go over the section banks again, or maybe do subsections of one of the NS full lengths if I feel I need practice in one specific area.

Finish all AAMC material review SB's. If you have time I would take NS FL soon. Then take AAMC 2. Spend rest of your time reviewing AAMC 1 & 2. Then rest 2-3 days before test, maybe only doing light review

Members don't see this ad :)
also, good luck on your exam!

I would take NS FL soon. Then take AAMC 2. Spend rest of your time reviewing AAMC 1 & 2. Then rest 2-3 days before test, maybe only doing light review

I have been working full time and studying for awhile, and my boss gave me the week before my exam off. I know it's probably counterproductive and useless to study right before the exam, but unfortunately, that week is one of the few times during my last phase of studying that I've had full days haha...Maybe I'll just take the day before off

I have been working full time and studying for awhile, and my boss gave me the week before my exam off. I know it's probably counterproductive and useless to study right before the exam, but unfortunately, that week is one of the few times during my last phase of studying that I've had full days haha...Maybe I'll just take the day before off

Sounds good. Then I would actually take AAMC 2 a week before test day and spend that full week reviewing it along with the section banks. Taking a NS FL won't help that much given the amount of time you have left. Most important goal for your last week is to review the AAMC FL's and SB's. additionally, to touch up on any weak areas, do not work on your strengths (judging from your scores, work on P/S)

Sounds good. Then I would actually take AAMC 2 a week before test day and spend that full week reviewing it along with the section banks. Taking a NS FL won't help that much given the amount of time you have left
okay, thanks! Yeah, I'm assuming it'll take me about 3 days to review it. So I'll probably just take that this weekend, and then go back over the section banks as much as I can before my exam. Thank you guys for the advice

Got a 25/30 on the OG CARS, and I'm doing sort of okay on the cars q packs, so I'm really hoping that FL 1 cars was a fluke

also surprised i didn't get more wrong, because I felt like the first few passages were abnormally long, and I felt really pressured for time and often could only eliminate one answer