Should I try taking up psychology research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oheymel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm currently looking into different research labs at my university. Since I know so many people are going into more chemistry and biology based research, I know it's hard to get a spot. I'm not too entirely sure if research for med school is limited to certain subjects, but I was thinking of doing psychology research. I tried talking to my advisor, but I was slightly confused by his answer if I could do research that's not part of the college of sciences but rather the college of liberal arts. I already have a few labs in mind for the college of sciences, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get in. The psychology lab I was thinking of doing is about accessing and observing the development of mood disorders and disruptive behavior in children and adolescents. It's not to say that I'll definitely get into that lab, but I just want some clarification if I can do research on other subjects like the social sciences. The answer may be obvious, but I just want to make sure. Thank you. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to know too actually, interesting thread topic :) (Sorry I can't be of more help though, I just joined and I don't know how to get notifications on a thread unless I comment on it)

As long as you're learning something about the scientific process, Adcoms don't care if you're sequencing genes, dissecting tadpoles, doing psychology research, or looking for clams in the South Seas.

Hello! I'm currently looking into different research labs at my university. Since I know so many people are going into more chemistry and biology based research, I know it's hard to get a spot. I'm not too entirely sure if research for med school is limited to certain subjects, but I was thinking of doing psychology research. I tried talking to my advisor, but I was slightly confused by his answer if I could do research that's not part of the college of sciences but rather the college of liberal arts. I already have a few labs in mind for the college of sciences, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get in. The psychology lab I was thinking of doing is about accessing and observing the development of mood disorders and disruptive behavior in children and adolescents. It's not to say that I'll definitely get into that lab, but I just want some clarification if I can do research on other subjects like the social sciences. The answer may be obvious, but I just want to make sure. Thank you. :)

Reactions: 1 user