Medical Should I update schools on changes in job / volunteer activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have four volunteer experiences listed on my AMCAS that I projected hours for, I did separate completed vs the projected hours. In May I changed jobs and as a result, I had difficulty being active in one of them. As a result I had planned on pausing the activity during May and continuing it in June. However, the job change posed more of a difficulty in terms of free time than I anticipated and I ended up prioritizing the other three activities because 1) I find them more rewarding/ I feel I make a bigger impact and 2) they worked better with my schedule. I’ve since formally withdrawn from the aforementioned EC having not completed the 20 projected hours and without having volunteered since May.

A) Will this pose a potential problem when and if my EC are checked seeing as I was never active again despite saying I was/would be at the time of primary submission?

B) I currently have an acceptance and have had interviews at two other schools, should I update them or, since projected hours are not considered heavily, am I just being neurotic?
A) Since you separated out the completed vs future hours, I don't feel it's a big deal. And 20 volunteer hours wouldn't make or break your application regardless.

B) Still, I understand wanting to tie up loose ends so you don't have to worry about them anymore. Like sending Thank You notes after interviews, you might feel it's polite to keep schools in the information loop. I don't think you have anything to lose by sending updates on the job and volunteer situation (including newly added hours in the other volunteer gigs). What you have to gain is peace of mind.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.