Should I update schools with this semester's GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

han14tra

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1st semester: 2.91
2nd semester: 3.58
3rd semester: 4.0
4th semester: 4.0
5th semester: 3.83
6th semester: 3.67
This semester: 3.90

MCAT: 25 P
Accepted to Jefferson already
Great LORs and ECs

Should I update Penn State, Drexel, and Marshall with this semesters grades? It would have been a 4.0, but one of my profs gave me a 0 on every quiz I missed because of interviews:mad:. I was placed on "Continue to Review" at Penn State. Will my 3.9 make any difference?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My classes were human anatomy (A), Neural plasticity (A-), sign language (A), and Health Psych (A)

I would. I am updating schools that I haven't heard back from (damn California). It can't hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools have a mandatory policy about upgrades, so it will only help you to update them now. Unless you don't care about the schools, which case, just withdraw your application.

I don't know if at those particular schools it'll help, but I don't see how it could possibly hurt. :) I'd say do it on the chance that it will help

does anyone know if any schools require you to send them transcripts for fall semester post acceptance??

Yes, most schools want your final transcript at the completion of your senior year.

does anyone know if any schools require you to send them transcripts for fall semester post acceptance??

From what I understand you can just send them transcripts when you graduate.

Can they deny you after they accepted you, I am planning to do awesome up till the point of acceptance and then after that I want to regain my life and hangout with friends and chill and be okay with a B or B-....would they deny me if they say my grades drop (I heard they give you a conditional like just get a C and you are fine)

I was thinking about sending an update about my grades with the list of classes i'm taking next quarter, just to remind schools that i exist. Will this hurt me, since my overall GPA actually went down even though it was only by about .004?

If you're post-bacc and your UG degree is from another institution, do you send transcripts from the UG institution, too, or just the school where you had classes in progress.

If you are currently in a post-bacc program, you must send your transcript at the completion of that program. Your UG transcript should have already been sent with your AMCAS application.

I was thinking about sending an update about my grades with the list of classes i'm taking next quarter, just to remind schools that i exist. Will this hurt me, since my overall GPA actually went down even though it was only by about .004?
0.004 from

or 2.6?

If you are currently in a post-bacc program, you must send your transcript at the completion of that program. Your UG transcript should have already been sent with your AMCAS application.

Sometime before you matriculate you will be required to send an official transcript from anywhere you received credit. Your AMCAS grades are for the application only.

Sometime before you matriculate you will be required to send an official transcript from anywhere you received credit. Your AMCAS grades are for the application only.
That's definitely true

Hantra did we lose you to Jefferson or are you still deciding? Just curious because we were deciding on many of the same schools a few weeks back. I never visited Jefferson (I'd love an interview offer) but I hear its a great place. Congrats

Better question is, why wouldn't you update it? That 3.9 almost assuredly raised your GPA, even if by a little bit.

Every little bit helps.

3.8+ with an upward trend, so i really don't know if i should send it the grades or not
Just do it. It doesn't hurt because it lets the schools know you're keeping up the good work.

Hantra did we lose you to Jefferson or are you still deciding? Just curious because we were deciding on many of the same schools a few weeks back. I never visited Jefferson (I'd love an interview offer) but I hear its a great place. Congrats

I had acceptances at LECOM, PCOM, and WVSOM. I declined all of those because of lack of resources at LECOM-SH, location of PCOM, and cost of WVSOM. I withdrew a number of allopathic applications too. I'm still considering Penn State and Marshall though because of the rural locations.