unleash500

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2008
Status
I am thinking of volunteering at a hospital infusion center, and I am wondering if anyone knows if there will be physicians staffed there?

Are physicians required at an infusion center? What is the role of the physician there?

Jun 9, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I am thinking of volunteering at a hospital infusion center, and I am wondering if anyone knows if there will be physicians staffed there?

Are physicians required at an infusion center? What is the role of the physician there?
Why wouldn't you contact the hospital?

About the Ads
Jul 19, 2010
Old Swampy
Status
Medical Student

No, physicians write orders for infusions, and while they may visit and check-in with patients, its not the norm. However, an infusion center can be a great way to have patient interaction

generator

firing whenever you quit
Jul 3, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I have volunteered at infusion for a cancer center. It is heavy patient contact... get them warm blankets, pillows, jello... you talk to them and keep them company. for me there was no physician contact - although I interacted with nurses regularly.

docbrill

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
No physician contact. However, lots of patient contact, so I would definitely recommend it. You can always shadow a couple of physicians if you want to observe what they do.

About the Ads