Should I volunteer at an infusion center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unleash500

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of volunteering at a hospital infusion center, and I am wondering if anyone knows if there will be physicians staffed there?

Are physicians required at an infusion center? What is the role of the physician there?

Members don't see this ad.

I am thinking of volunteering at a hospital infusion center, and I am wondering if anyone knows if there will be physicians staffed there?

Are physicians required at an infusion center? What is the role of the physician there?

Why wouldn't you contact the hospital?

cause i am posting from work and was looking for a quick answer.

Members don't see this ad :)

No, physicians write orders for infusions, and while they may visit and check-in with patients, its not the norm. However, an infusion center can be a great way to have patient interaction

I have volunteered at infusion for a cancer center. It is heavy patient contact... get them warm blankets, pillows, jello... you talk to them and keep them company. for me there was no physician contact - although I interacted with nurses regularly.

No physician contact. However, lots of patient contact, so I would definitely recommend it. You can always shadow a couple of physicians if you want to observe what they do.