should i wait for PCAT to submit supplementals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ace41690

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the pcat on the 18th and got a 96. I feel like this will help my application. I already submitted phaencas, and it has been mailed to schools. For schools that do not REQUIRE pcat, should wait for my official score to be reported before I submit supplements? I am afraid they will not consider my PCAT if it is not there when they first review my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools that don't require the pcat won't wait for it because they don't care. They do not even take it into consideration.

I think you should submit your supplemental as soon as you can. They will probably wait until they get your score, but it cannot hurt to turn in applications early.

Now I am getting requests from schools that do require the PCAT, and Fairleigh Dickinson actually scheduled me for an interview and I have not even submitted the supplement or PCAT yet???? Both LECOM schools have also emailed me with requests for the supplementals, but they DO require pcat and I know its not there yet... I just don't want to send my supplement and then have them look at my application for the first time and be like "oh he doesn't have the PCAT" and then toss my app to the side.

As long as you put it into pharmcas schools will see that you had planned on taking it sept 18th. They will just wait until your score is uploaded to your app to evaluate it