Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
undergrade (BCPM) GPA = 3.90
undergrad (AO) GPA = 3.90
Graduate (BCPM) = 3.30
Graduate (AO) = 3.7
EC = above average
LOR= will be average

MCAT - not taken yet (practice score were between 21-24 3wks ago).
I have been studying diehard for MCAT and statrted from basic to improve. I am definitely improving. I will take more FL kap practice tests after 3 wks to know where i stand.

My AMCAS is in. LOR and MCAT pending.
What do u guys think? Should I withdraw AMCAS for this year? Or take MCAT in Mid August and take a shot at Harvard and Hopkins (thinking I was not gonna get accepted there anyways, lets take a shot)...since I have already applied there thru AMCAS? Or do u think totally withdraw and try next year?

When do u think i should take MCAT?
I am so confused!!!!!!!!!
On the top, now I am receiving secondaries from my state school that I applied to...so, what should i do?

Last edited:

redrower

5+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
undergrade (BCPM) GPA = 3.90
undergrad (AO) GPA = 3.90
Graduate (BCPM) = 3.30
Graduate (AO) = 3.7
EC = above average
LOR= will be average

MCAT - not taken yet (practice score were between 21-24 3wks ago).
I have been studying diehard for MCAT and statrted from basic to improve. I am definitely improving. I will take more FL kap practice tests after 3 wks to know where i stand.

My AMCAS is in. LOR and MCAT pending.
What do u guys think? Should I withdraw AMCAS for this year? Or take a shot at Harvard and Hopkins (thinking I am not gonna get accepted anyways, lets take a shot)...since I have already applied there thru AMCAS? Or do u think totally withdraw and try next year?

When do u think i should take MCAT?
I am so confused!!!!!!!!!

your undergraduate GPA is stellar, why are you having troubles with the MCAT??

are you registered to take the MCAT in July or August? if not, i think its a little too late and you might have to withdraw and wait a year.

About the Ads

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You use sooo many !s lol.

Okay, now that my observations are complete, on to your situation.

If you can take the MCAT by early August, and BREAK 30, then go for it. Anything short of a 30 though, and I think you will be in trouble.

May 14, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am taking my MCAT on AUgust 14 (1 and onlky chance).
Meanwhile, I am receiving secondary applications from 5 schools that i applied to thru AMCAS.

Should I submit them now? OR is it pointless to do so in absence of MCAT score (as it would be incomplete)? (I was thinking to submit those secondaries within a wk of completing MCAT...regardless of score).

What should I do?

Last edited:

Stratego

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2009
I would not submit those secondaries without evidence from practice tests that you might score in the competitive range. They are too expensive to submit to no purpose. For now, concentrate on the state school. Make studying for the MCAT your full-time job. Take a formal prep course if you can. If you aren't getting decent practice scores by August, then don't take the test. Study all winter, take it in January or May when you're truly ready, and apply next year. This is not a race.

Last edited:

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.