Should I watch all the Khan academy physiology videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

I'm doing BR bio and missing a majority of the questions. When I say a majority, I mean I'm only getting 1-2 questions correct per passage. I honestly don't remember all the specific details required to answer the questions. Should I spend time watching the khan academy physiology videos to try and relearn the material? It will probably take a very long amount of time.

I did these passages back when I took physiology last spring, and I was able to do very well on them. But all that knowledge is lost now, so I don't even know if there is a point in relearning the material if I am just going to forget it within a short time. I also don't really believe in my ability to actively review the material as I do other things. With classes and extracurriculars and all of the other stuff I have right now, on top of reviewing for all of the other subjects for the mcat, it becomes difficult to know where/when/how to review material I've covered previously

Members don't see this ad.

Waste of time IMO, get used to passage based questions. I began with the old AAMC questions packs, then began doing section bank. I periodically review any systems that I screw up on a practice question.

I GREATLY increased my scores when I really started learning to read the passage and analyze the information.

Most/all of what you need to know is there; you just have to really examine that information. This doesn't mean content review isn't huge, but, passage analysis is huge in this section.

This is coming from a non-traditional who never took molecular biology (just the bio 1&2, biochemistry and genetics) and was able to score ~ 88th percentile in bio sciences.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I GREATLY increased my scores when I really started learning to read the passage and analyze the information.

Most/all of what you need to know is there; you just have to really examine that information. This doesn't mean content review isn't huge, but, passage analysis is huge in this section.

This is coming from a non-traditional who never took molecular biology (just the bio 1&2, biochemistry and genetics) and was able to score ~ 88th percentile in bio sciences.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Any advice on how to grasp/analyze the information in the passages? Also, which book did you use for your sciences?!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Videos are a huge waste of time. They are not meant for the MCAT, so you risk covering material you don't need and not grasping it well enough to do passages. Focus on your passgaes.