Medical Should I withdraw after horrible application cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This application cycle has probably been the worst experience of my life. It has wrecked my social life and finances. Giving up now feels like the hell that had been my undergrad was for nothing.

Stats first--I Have a 3.4 sGPA and a 499->505 MCAT. Applied DO only (genuinely want to learn OMM lol). Thought I had a shot and applied to 19 mid low DO schools (broke bank to do this). One required letter writer is delaying my apps being complete post secondary. Im still not complete for some schools aside from silence for the schools I am complete at. I was advised to withdraw.
So now I am thinking about applying to SMP with linkages now to improve my GPA. Should I give up and go SMP after current app withdrawal?

Usually waiting for one letter is not the reason why an admissions file won't be advanced but you would need to check through your network with the schools to know the exact requirements for completing the screening process. It sounds to me like there's even more that is holding you back than just your GPA/MCAT and that delinquent letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.