Should I withdraw my applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobateater212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted 20 applications with a 3.9 cGPA/sGPA and a 28 MCAT. I was complete in August. I have not received any ii, and it's been 2 months.

If I had known that med schools only care about 28, I would have saved my money.

At what point do I withdraw my applications? Or do I just wait until my first potential ii in April (6 months from now)?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why would you withdraw your applications?

Is there any advantage to withdrawing now as opposed to just riding it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any advantage to withdrawing now as opposed to just riding it out?
there is no advantage whatsoever,

although, you may have earned this:

participation-medal.jpg

ride it out. you never know.

Attachments

• I know that feel.jpg
    I know that feel.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 63
Your MCAT is definitely lower, which means some schools will probably wait. Its October. People get interviews and acceptances in March. While I understand its a nerve racking process, getting in early doesn't mean you get to start earlier or anything, so get over it.

Also, comments like "If only I'd been a URM" makes you sound like a brat.

I submitted 20 applications with a 3.9 cGPA/sGPA and a 28 MCAT. I was complete in August. I have not received any ii, and it's been 2 months.

If I had known that med schools only care about 28, I would have saved my money. Too bad I'm not an URM.

At what point do I withdraw my applications? Or do I just wait until my first potential ii in April (6 months from now)?

Yes, and make sure you call each school and yell at them in a petulant tone "I didn't want to go to your crappy school anyway!"

Seriously, there is no benefit to withdrawing your applications (you're not going to receive a refund) and it is 100% chance you will not receive an II at that point. And you will still count as a re-applicant if you apply there again.

Depending on your list, you still have a chance. I received II's ranging from 7 days after completing at a school all the way to almost 8 months (early March)

I see you've basically posted this same question many times in many different threads. I'd recommend relaxing and quit reading SDN every day. Its a very long process, your only torturing yourself. I think you'll definitely get an II.

Let's be logical about this. You don't stand to gain anything if you withdraw. The only thing that will happen is that you will be giving up chances to get those interview invites that you want so dearly. Since you've already paid the application fees and gone through all the work of writing secondary essays, you might as well wait and see what you get.