Quantcast

Should I withdraw?

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalaland123

Full Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
I am taking an evolution course. We have 3 exams for it, including the final. On the first exam i used an option which didn't count my grade for the exam because I felt I wasn't ready for it (our professor gives us the option). But i recently had the second exam...and I feel i did poorly...the exam was wayyyy harder than the first. We are in week 8 (on a trimester system) and my final will be worth 50%. Can you guys please help me :( I would have to petition the withdraw because the last week to withdraw was week 6.


How bad will a withdraw look on my app? I am a sophmore...with an ok gpa already. Things just seem to be getting worse...
 
Last edited:

juliedi

is legit.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
811
Reaction score
1
I'd say at least wait until you get your grade back. Even though you felt you did poorly, you could be pleasantly surprised.

As to withdrawing, it seems the SDN consensus is one W won't kill your application, just don't make it a habit.
 

IvyHopeful20

Full Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
809
Reaction score
2
W would be way better than a F. If you don't think you can get a B-, I'd withdraw.
 

lalaland123

Full Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
arrite, depending on the grade i get on this exam...I will decide what to do?

I hope they won't deny it. The withdraw will have no effect on my GPA right? and how many credits is considered a full term usually? I don't want to lose financial aid...
 

lalaland123

Full Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
so i spoke to the advisor....first of all..they suck...first and last time i am going to see one.

she said...i can't withdraw anymore and just have to stick it out now because it is past week 6. i can fill out some paper work and hv the other advisor process it and wait for the dean to approve it. which she said can take weeks and i shud still go to class blah blah blah
 
Top