Should I worry about this trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAK123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. This is my first post. :) Anyway...

Here are the facts:
1. I received an A, B, and B- consecutively in Ochem this past year. :(
2. In the epic "Applying to Medical School?" thread, KNightInBlue says it's advisable to get an A in Ochem and, if one is unable to accomplish this, to take and do well in an upper-division Ochem course. :(
3. I have a good GPA and I've done well in my other science classes (namely Biology and Physics). :oops:

Should I be worried? Is Ochem the kind of course that medical schools use to gauge students' capabilities? :confused:

I was hoping to do well this coming year in my science classes and on the MCAT (specifically the Biological Sciences section) and, thus, passively dissuade the medical schools from scrutinizing the downward trend in my Ochem grades.

Would that be enough? :confused:

I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance! :) :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

It seriously will not matter that much. You have everything else in order.

Don't worry about it!
goodluck!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope you're right.

MAK123 said:
Hey all. This is my first post. :) Anyway...

Here are the facts:
1. I received an A, B, and B- consecutively in Ochem this past year. :(
2. In the epic "Applying to Medical School?" thread, KNightInBlue says it's advisable to get an A in Ochem and, if one is unable to accomplish this, to take and do well in an upper-division Ochem course. :(
3. I have a good GPA and I've done well in my other science classes (namely Biology and Physics). :oops:

Should I be worried? Is Ochem the kind of course that medical schools use to gauge students' capabilities? :confused:

I was hoping to do well this coming year in my science classes and on the MCAT (specifically the Biological Sciences section) and, thus, passively dissuade the medical schools from scrutinizing the downward trend in my Ochem grades.

Would that be enough? :confused:

I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance! :) :oops:

Organic chemistry isn't even used in medical school. You need to have a good overall GPA. A specific grade does not matter, as long is it is passing.