1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should I worry?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by njshibby, Jul 29, 2006.

1. njshibby

njshibby Member
    10+ Year Member

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xanthomondo

xanthomondo nom nom nom
    Removed Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    its probably because youre after him alphabetically....caallmm doowwnnn

4. njshibby

njshibby Member
    10+ Year Member

buuuut i'm not after him
    hah but you're right i should
    when in doubt it i assume i screwed something up

5. xanthomondo

xanthomondo nom nom nom
    Removed Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    when in doubt just calm the hell down lol

6. WhatUpDoc!

WhatUpDoc! The Sign Says It All
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Dude, if they don't screen, then chill. Unless you and your friend live in the same house, you could at least chalk some of the delay up to the mail system. sheesh :smuggrin:

7. nozzie

nozzie Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I wouldn't worry about it just yet since it'll be a while until you're verified so even if you got the secondary now, you wouldn't be able to turn it in yet anyway. And you can always get started on the questions even before you get the secondary.

However, if you don't hear in one or two weeks, then I would probably contact them since they do seem to send out their secondaries pretty quickly after submission of the AMCAs application (even before verification). Just FYI (not to make you nervous), I got mine the day after I submitted (submitted 7/19, received 7/20, still waiting to be verified). Mistakes happen and it's always a good idea to stay on top of your applications so I don't blame you for worrying. Good luck :luck: !

8. Johnny_one_eye

Johnny_one_eye Phleboptimist
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hmm I know others are telling you not to worry, which is probably good, but it does seem weird, doesn't it? I know I got mine within about 2 days of submitting my AMCAS. Might want to double check your schools on your application. Also, you listed the correct email address on your AMCAS right? I'm just trying to think of a few things you can check easily. I wouldn't worry just yet, but you may start to get concerned in another week or so. not that they screened you out because they obviously don't, but that something else got flubbed up along the way.

Or you could just go here and see if they've loaded you into their system:
    http://pritzkersecondary.bsd.uchicago.edu/

9. njshibby

njshibby Member
    10+ Year Member

hmm i think everything is fine on my end..entered the school and i've gotten two of about 16 secondaries from the schools that don't screen already..i couldn't log into the chicago system..i dunno it just seems odd i think i'll try and contact them next week..thanks for the help everyone