Should I worry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njshibby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
\

Members don't see this ad.

njshibby said:
I sent out my aamcas a week ago and my friend sent it out a couple of days later...we both applied to UChicago but he got the secondary sent to him and I still have not received..they don't screen so I'm wondering what would be the reason for this...cause for panic? should i just wait it out? or call them next week? daaaaammit

its probably because youre after him alphabetically....caallmm doowwnnn

buuuut i'm not after him
hah but you're right i should
when in doubt it i assume i screwed something up

Members don't see this ad :)
njshibby said:
I sent out my aamcas a week ago and my friend sent it out a couple of days later...we both applied to UChicago but he got the secondary sent to him and I still have not received..they don't screen so I'm wondering what would be the reason for this...cause for panic? should i just wait it out? or call them next week? daaaaammit

Dude, if they don't screen, then chill. Unless you and your friend live in the same house, you could at least chalk some of the delay up to the mail system. sheesh :smuggrin:

njshibby said:

I wouldn't worry about it just yet since it'll be a while until you're verified so even if you got the secondary now, you wouldn't be able to turn it in yet anyway. And you can always get started on the questions even before you get the secondary.

However, if you don't hear in one or two weeks, then I would probably contact them since they do seem to send out their secondaries pretty quickly after submission of the AMCAs application (even before verification). Just FYI (not to make you nervous), I got mine the day after I submitted (submitted 7/19, received 7/20, still waiting to be verified). Mistakes happen and it's always a good idea to stay on top of your applications so I don't blame you for worrying. Good luck :luck: !

njshibby said:

Hmm I know others are telling you not to worry, which is probably good, but it does seem weird, doesn't it? I know I got mine within about 2 days of submitting my AMCAS. Might want to double check your schools on your application. Also, you listed the correct email address on your AMCAS right? I'm just trying to think of a few things you can check easily. I wouldn't worry just yet, but you may start to get concerned in another week or so. not that they screened you out because they obviously don't, but that something else got flubbed up along the way.

Or you could just go here and see if they've loaded you into their system:
http://pritzkersecondary.bsd.uchicago.edu/

hmm i think everything is fine on my end..entered the school and i've gotten two of about 16 secondaries from the schools that don't screen already..i couldn't log into the chicago system..i dunno it just seems odd i think i'll try and contact them next week..thanks for the help everyone