Should we include the amount of scholarship in AMCAS?

versailles

10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Should we include the amount of scholarship in AMCAS?

I have a few scholarships, but something strikes me as odd about listing scholarship amounts on AMCAS.

Any thoughts?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
if its a full scholarship or nearly full scholarship to school, indicate it, anything short of it, i wouldnt mention how much it is unless it is something unique. even if it is a fulls cholarship, id just write full scholarship.

Johannen

Weathered Wayfarer
10+ Year Member
May 15, 2006
Wisconsin
Status
Pre-Medical
I would, especially for one that's merit based.

I feel the value places a sense of importance on the award. I didn't list my undergraduate scholarship as an EC, but I did list a chemistry award that carried a small cash scholarship, and I felt placing the value of the award shows that it isn't something 30% of the class receives each semester.

lilnoelle

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2006
crazyland
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think I included the scholarships I got in undergrad, using the schools names for the scholarship, i.e. President's Award, but didn't include the amount of the scholarship, rather the reason I got the award.

Hoberto

Squirrel Girl
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I wouldn't include the amount unless it is a full scholarship. Do put in a quick sentence about how one earns the scholarship. Is it merit-based, financial need, women only, engineering, non-trad? Did it require essays, interviews?

cdngirl80

10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Status
I received a few scholarships in grad school and I just put the range of the values with a sentence saying that they were academic and merit based scholarships

werd

15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
don't put down scholarships or scholarship amounts. if you got an award with an accompanying scholarship, it's okay to list the award, but that's about it.

Radon XP

5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
How much of a boost/good thing is it to list a full ride scholarship? Will anyone even care?