Should we include the amount of scholarship in AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

versailles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should we include the amount of scholarship in AMCAS?

I have a few scholarships, but something strikes me as odd about listing scholarship amounts on AMCAS.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

if its a full scholarship or nearly full scholarship to school, indicate it, anything short of it, i wouldnt mention how much it is unless it is something unique. even if it is a fulls cholarship, id just write full scholarship.

I would, especially for one that's merit based.

I feel the value places a sense of importance on the award. I didn't list my undergraduate scholarship as an EC, but I did list a chemistry award that carried a small cash scholarship, and I felt placing the value of the award shows that it isn't something 30% of the class receives each semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I included the scholarships I got in undergrad, using the schools names for the scholarship, i.e. President's Award, but didn't include the amount of the scholarship, rather the reason I got the award.

I wouldn't include the amount unless it is a full scholarship. Do put in a quick sentence about how one earns the scholarship. Is it merit-based, financial need, women only, engineering, non-trad? Did it require essays, interviews?

I received a few scholarships in grad school and I just put the range of the values with a sentence saying that they were academic and merit based scholarships

i wrote the amount just to give the adcoms a better idea of how competitive the scholarships were.

Bump

Would like to hear other opinions on this

don't put down scholarships or scholarship amounts. if you got an award with an accompanying scholarship, it's okay to list the award, but that's about it.

How much of a boost/good thing is it to list a full ride scholarship? Will anyone even care?