Should We Submit AMCAS on the First Day Possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogurt the Kid

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up SDN!

OK, would it be best to send AMCAS off when it's first possible? I will hopefully have it ready by the date the application goes live; but I read in the instruction booklet that medical schools prefer that applicants receive and review their MCAT scores prior to certifying and submitting the AMCAS applications. What do you guys think about this; would it be best to heed their advice or to go ahead and turn the application in as soon as possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless your MCAT scores would drastically change the schools you are applying to, I definately think you should apply as soon as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Yogurt the Kid:
•What's up SDN!

OK, would it be best to send AMCAS off when it's first possible? I will hopefully have it ready by the date the application goes live; but I read in the instruction booklet that medical schools prefer that applicants receive and review their MCAT scores prior to certifying and submitting the AMCAS applications. What do you guys think about this; would it be best to heed their advice or to go ahead and turn the application in as soon as possible?•••••Well if you are willing to pay the $15 to see your scores online around June 7 you could submit pretty close to the first day if not the first day, depending on when "around June 7" really is.

Definitely ASAP, this year you won't be buffered by software glitches and anthrax warnings.

if you're ready, hold it for a couple days, go over it all, then send it in.

What happens if you are expecting a 32 and end up with a 24 on the MCATs!! Isn't that a waste of a few hundred dollars...

My pre-med advisor told me to hold off my application until my MCAT scores come in since I dont know if I have to take it in August or not. But i dont think it matters, just as long as your application is done early. I mean you can submit on june 6 or 8 or whatever and it wont make a big difference from the 5th.

i'm taking the mcat for the first time in august. i plan to submit my amcas application asap.

The sooner the better is true...but I would hold off til find out the MCAT scores. I think this will help ya resize the range of schools your applying. Whether you apply in June or July, I doubt it makes too much difference esp if you're a strong applicant. Just don't send in like September or later.

Do it as soon as possible, although if hold off a while, I don't think it will matter TOO much. I submitted a week before my boyfriend and we got verified the same day. :rolleyes: