Should you tell a post-December interview of a pre-December acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goldtoothfairy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview next week but I am wondering if the interviewer will ask the status of my pre-December interviews. As it stands, I was accepted to one school! However, the school next week is my top choice so I am looking for advice as to how I should handle that if it comes up (which I am assuming, it will). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview next week but I am wondering if the interviewer will ask the status of my pre-December interviews. As it stands, I was accepted to one school! However, the school next week is my top choice so I am looking for advice as to how I should handle that if it comes up (which I am assuming, it will). Thanks!
Nope. Also I don't think they are allowed to ask? Ethically speaking.

it helps actually. Just tell them they are your number one choice and although you already got an acceptance, you would attend x/y/z school if u got a chance etc..

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't just randomly start talking about another dental school during an interview, but if an interviewer asks, definitely tell them the truth! You know how when you start dating an attractive girl/guy, you suddenly seem more desirable in the eyes of everyone else? Dental school admissions can work the same way.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't just randomly start talking about another dental school during an interview, but if an interviewer asks, definitely tell them the truth! You know how when you start dating an attractive girl/guy, you suddenly seem more desirable in the eyes of everyone else? Dental school admissions can work the same way.

I agree with that. I am definitely going to tell them the truth but express how this is my top choice (because, it really, really is!). I just don't want it to seem like since I already have an opportunity at another school that they would rather give my spot to someone who doesn't have that. Thanks!

UCLA asked me what interviews I went on, so I told them all 7. At the end of the interview I explained how and why UCLA was my number one choice because I didn't know how they would feel about me going on 7 other interviews. Now I'm attending UCLA.

Reactions: 1 users
If a school asked me "why this school", I think it is a HUGE benefit to yourself if you explain your logic of turning down an acceptance to potentially be accepted to the school you are interviewing at, especially if you received a scholarship elsewhere

Reactions: 1 user