This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038378

:coffee:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
For example, for diversity and challenge essays, should you try to connect it to the specific school or focus on just answering the question? Like, let's say your diversity is about growing up low-income, should you then try to tie it to the school's free clinics? Or should you focus on just your experience.
Lot of schools have student run free clinics.

For example, for diversity and challenge essays, should you try to connect it to the specific school or focus on just answering the question? Like, let's say your diversity is about growing up low-income, should you then try to tie it to the school's free clinics? Or should you focus on just your experience.
Just answer the question.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That was just an example. But in general, should you try and tie your experience to the school?
I am not an adcom, but I don't see how you tie diversity and challenge prompts to schools? It's about you not the schools you are applying to.

Reactions: 1 users
If your diversity response was about your engagement with a specific kind of activity or a specific population, would it hurt to finish off with 1 sentence about how you hope to continue X at Y School?

If your diversity response was about your engagement with a specific kind of activity or a specific population, would it hurt to finish off with 1 sentence about how you hope to continue X at Y School?

The only time you need to talk about the school is when they ask you. As in, How will medical school X further your career goals? Otherwise, be “respectfully honest”—NOT “radically honest”. I mean, what is the point of concocting everything you do? It will get hard to continue to “pretend” and “strategize” your answers all the way through training. Just keep in mind what the professional standards are in medicine when you are honest.

Reactions: 1 user
I think if it's very specific, like "I value an education that will give me access to this and this, which XSOM will support" and it flows in naturally I think it wouldn't hurt. Like some things that are unique/specific that I found are like specific LGBT support, niche emotional trauma support, etc. If it's more general (early clinical experiences, free clinics, diverse population), then leave it out

Reactions: 1 user