Shout out to all PhysAssist Scribes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BornToLead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello physassist scribes! So I have been scheduled for an online interview and I want to ask all of you some questions regarding this company:

- How many hours a week do part time scribes have to work? Also is this company co operative and willing to work around your college schedule?

- How many days is the training that takes place in Fort Worth, Texas?

- Does PhysAssist asks you to submit your class schedule?

- Do you guys think part time scribing is manageable with a 16 credit course load? I attend college only 3 days a week and have the remaining 4 off, so it shoudn't be very bad, right?

Thank you guys for your time! Hoping to hear very soon from you! Feel free to share experiences as a medical scribe

Members don't see this ad.

I am not with PhysAssist, but I'm a scribe nonetheless. I work 2-4 shifts per week during the year, and almost full time during the summer. It's definitely busy to keep up with working that much while in school full time, but it's worth it! It's a great experience. I love my fellow scribes, and all of the doctors and nurses and techs and everyone in the hospital are so great. It's a really cool experience, and definitely motivates me to keep fighting for med school!

Thank you for your input!
What company hired you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked for PhysAssist from July 2011 - February 2013, so things might have changed since I quit. When I was working, part-timers had to work 8-12 shifts a month. You could also choose the mid-time or full-time option. I chose to stay part-time so I could pick up shifts as desired instead of being stuck with 16 shifts. Part-timers usually worked weekend shifts and picked up shifts when they could. On my team, we were also allowed to trade shifts. We always sent in our schedules a month in advance and blocked off the times we absolutely could not work due to class or another job - the scheduler is not allowed to stick you in a shift during those times. On the flip side, you have to show availability for a certain number of weekends and graveyard shifts.

I was hired right before they started ScribeU for training, so I can't comment on how that works.

Since you only attend class 3 days a week, I'd say scribing part-time is more than doable :)

I am a part time scribe for Emergency Medicine Associates. We have to meet a monthly average of 2 shifts per week.We also have to work one weekend per month. It is very flexible, manageable, and convenient for being a full-time student. The head scribe is our scheduler, so we send in our availability for the month, and we can finagle our shifts within the team as needed. It is a tremendous ascending learning curve, and also an ideal job being a pre-medical student. I work 10-12 hour shifts, so they are indeed tiring.

Thank you guys for your reply...scribing sounds a lot manageable now lol.
I just hope i don't risk my gpa.
Thanks though for your input :)